Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry
- non-stick Cooking spray
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (can substitute lean pork or beef), all visible fat discarded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 16 oz. frozen, packaged stir-fry vegetables
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, unsalted, unoiled peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (cooked to package instructions)
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray. In a medium skillet, toss chicken, corn starch, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook chicken over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Add vegetables and broth to skillet, reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with peanuts and serve over brown rice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of American Heart Association.Source: https://recipes.heart.org/en/recipes/szechuan-chicken-stir-fry