Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Care
The same great care, with a less invasive approach
Undergoing surgery can be tough on anyone, and our goal at West Boca Medical Center is to make the entire process easier for you. This led us to establish the Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Care program. Through this program, a surgeon is able to use robotic hands to assist with the procedure, designed to result in greater dexterity, precision and accuracy. The robotic hands can perform surgical tasks beyond the capabilities of humans by using just a few small incisions to access the surgical site. This advanced surgical procedure can benefit the patient greatly.
The technology is designed for surgeries to have smaller incisions, generally resulting in less bleeding and pain and a reduced risk of infection. Most patients also experience shorter hospital stays and faster recovery.
West Boca Medical Center surgeons use the advanced da Vinci® SI™ HD Surgical System.
Patients who need gynecologic, urogynecologic and certain general surgeries are excellent candidates for robot-assisted surgery. We also offer our patients SILS, single-incision laparoscopic surgery.
Some examples of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery include:
- Hysterectomy for benign conditions
- Hysterectomy for early stages of gynecologic cancer
- Myomectomy to remove uterine fibroids
- Sacrocolpopexy to correct vaginal/uterine prolapse
Potential patient benefits may include:
- Less Need for Pain Medication
- Less Blood Loss and Fewer Transfusions
- Fewer Complications
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Quicker Recovery and Fast Return to Normal Daily Activities
- Better Clinical Outcomes and Patient Satisfaction (in many cases as compared to open surgery)
To learn more about this exciting program, check out these resources: