Outpatient Surgery: What To Expect Before surgery:
- You will receive a call a few days prior to your surgery from one of our nurses or clinical staff members to provide you with pre-operative instructions, and an exact time to arrive at our facility for your procedure. This time may vary from the time given by your doctor’s offices.
- If you have questions about medications or any condition(s) you have relating to your surgery, please contact your doctor’s office.
Preparing for the day of surgery:
- Leave all your jewelry and valuables at home, including any jewelry you wear on a daily basis.
- Bring your insurance card(s) and a photo ID with you.
- Prepare a list of your medication(s) to give to our surgical team.
- Bring your selected method of payment for your estimated financial responsibility, if you have been notified of one.
- Arrange to have someone drive you home.
On the day of surgery:
- Please report to the registration desk in the lobby at the West Boca Outpatient Surgery Center.
- You will be registered by one of our business office staff and asked to pay any estimated financial responsibility before taking a seat in our waiting room for a short time.
- When you are called from the waiting room, a volunteer or staff member will escort you and provide you with any assistance you may need. You will proceed to the pre-operative area. Your family or support person may accompany you if you wish.
- In the pre-operative area, you will meet your registered nurse and anesthesiologist. They will review your medical history with you and answer any questions you may have. You will be asked to verify the procedure you are about to have performed. This should take about one hour.
After your surgery:
- You will be moved to our fully equipped recovery room where our recovery room nurses will observe you closely until you are ready to be transferred to a second phase prior to discharge. A registered nurse will review with you any instructions and prescriptions given to you by your physician.
- For your care and safety, you are required to pre-arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure.
- Once home, please plan to rest for the remainder of the day.
- Someone should plan to be with you for a 24-hour period after you return home.
- Expect a telephone call from one of our staff within a few days. We will be checking on you to monitor your recovery, answer any questions you may have and inquire about your satisfaction with the care given at our facility.