Hip: Keeping yours moving
No one wants to be immobile for any length of time. Having the freedom to be able to move around is a priceless gift. Don’t allow any form of hip pain affect your ability to be mobile. At West Boca Medical Center, we have modern treatments designed to erase much of the pain you’ve been enduring. Find out more about hip treatment here.
If you are dealing with Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD), like millions of other Americans, you could qualify for MAKOplasty at our hospital, which uses robotic arm technology for hip replacement. Some of the conditions of DJD include:
- Osteoarthritis (OA), also called “wear and tear arthritis,” in which cartilage wears down over time
- Post-traumatic arthritis, which results from a severe fracture or dislocation of the hip
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), an inflammatory arthritis of the joints
- Avascular necrosis (AVN), a condition where the “ball” or femoral head has lost its healthy supply of blood flow causing the bone to die and the femoral head to become misshapen
- Hip dysplasia, a condition where bones around the hip did not form properly, which may cause misalignment of the hip joint