West Boca Medical Center Now Offering the CORI™ Surgical System for Knee Replacement SurgeryOct 29, 2021
Boca Raton, FL – West Boca Medical Center is the first hospital in Boca Raton now offering patients the CORI™ Surgical System for knee replacement surgery. The CORI™ Surgical System uses handheld robotic-assisted technology, aiding the surgeon’s plan to perform the procedure. It also gives surgeons a three-dimensional view to help finalize and verify the selection of the knee implant, creating a plan for surgery without needing a CT scan or MRI. Orthopedic surgeon Dr. David Padden is the first surgeon at West Boca Medical Center to perform a procedure with this new technology.
“This surgical system is truly the next generation in high quality orthopedic procedures, and will give patients an opportunity to recover quicker and regain function faster,” said Dr. Padden. “Patients can be assured this new technology allows us to have access to some of the newest surgical services right here in Palm Beach County.”
Robotics-assisted knee replacement surgery using the CORITM Surgical System can lead to the following patient benefits:
- Quicker, smoother recovery
- Regain function faster and return home sooner
- A unique 3D digital model to get a surgical plan customized to the patients’ unique anatomy
- A natural fit: Using these technologies patients can keep more bone and ligaments, including their ACL.That helps maintain more of a natural rhythm and step.
- The surgeon is able to choose from the widest selection of implants available, so implants can be precision-matched to feel more like a patient’s own knee.
“We recognize the importance of bringing some of the very best technology to our community, and this robotic assisted procedure will give patients a better outcome and allow them to return to their daily activities,” said George Rizzuto, chief executive officer at West Boca Medical Center. “This surgical system gives residents in our area a chance to be provided with high quality orthopedic care and treatment options closer to home.”
At West Boca Medical Center, we have surgeons and medical staff to take care of all of your orthopedic needs. In addition, we offer patients to get on the Fast Track to recovery, at the Emergency Center at Coconut Creek, West Boca’s freestanding emergency center.
Some of the Orthopedic Fast Track benefits include:
- Minimal waiting
- No appointment required
- Be evaluated by a board certified ER physician
- Follow-up appointment with an orthopedic surgeon scheduled within 48 hours of your visit