West Boca Medical Center Announces the Appointment of New Board MembersFeb 1, 2022
Boca Raton, FL – West Boca Medical Center announces the appointment of three new board members to its 2022-2023 Governing Board:
- Tim Ahlbum – President of Health Coverage Solutions – Mr. Ahlbum is a local executive with a wealth of knowledge in the healthcare insurance industry.He started his company, Healthcare Coverage Solutions in 2008 which is an agency specializing in Medicare coverage and life insurance plans for individuals over 65.
- Rabbi Rael Blumenthal – Rabbi at the Boca Raton Synagogue – Rabbi Blumenthal was born and raised in Johannesburg, South Africa and studied for three years at Yeshivat Kerem B’Yavneh.He holds a bachelor’s degree in computer science from Yeshiva University.
- Dr. Celina Moore-Advanced Pediatrics of Boca Raton - Dr. Celina Moore joined the medical staff at West Boca Medical Center in April 2006 and has held many medical leadership positions during her tenure.She completed her residency at Miami Children’s Hospital and serves on the Pediatric Management Committee.
The Governing Board at West Boca Medical Center is comprised of physicians and community members. The Board’s key responsibilities include oversight for quality patient care, performance improvement initiatives and appointment of the hospital’s medical staff.
“We are looking forward to having these new members join our current dedicated and talented board, and together we will continue to bring the very best patient care to our community,” said George Rizzuto, chief executive officer of West Boca Medical Center. “Our members share the same vision and compassion to bringing world class healthcare to the residents of South Florida.”
These board members will join the current members of the Hospital’s Governing Board, including:
- Chairman of the Board - Chuck Stout – Mr. Stout is the Executive Vice President at CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services and has over 30 years of experience in employee benefits and financial services industry.He is a proud graduate of Auburn University and is extremely active in various organizations in the Boca Raton community.
- Vice Chair – Randy Nobles – Mr. Nobles is the former President of Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County and recently retired after a successful five-year term.During his time Nobles was responsible for all leadership, operational and administrative aspects of the organization primarily covering Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Boynton Beach. He is a prominent businessman in the Boca Raton community and has been a long tenured Board Member of the YMCA of South Palm Beach County.
- Chief of Staff - Dr. Steven Edbrill – Dr. Edbrill has been practicing medicine for nearly 30 years and is an anesthesiologist on staff at West Boca Medical Center and Delray Medical Center.He earned his medical degree at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx, New York, and received his undergraduate degree from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.
- Vice Chief of Staff – Dr. Norina Ocampo – Dr. Ocampo is a Pediatrician who has been practicing medicine for nearly 30 years.Dr. Ocampo is a part of Rainbow Pediatrics of Palm Beach County.She is a graduate of Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Ocampo also chairs the Hospital’s Quality and Process Improvement Committee.
- Secretary - Rosie Martin – Ms. Martin is the CEO & President of Allegiance Home Health in Boca Raton, and has been in that role since 2005. She leads a team of professionals dedicated to providing certified nursing assistants and home health aides to those who need assistance with daily living activities.
- Board Member – Edmund Capitano – Mr. Capitano is the Principal of West Boca Raton High School.In his role, he oversees all school operations, including daily school activities and coordinating the curriculum as well as managing the staff of the school.He has worked in education for nearly 20 years as a teacher and administrator.
- Board Member – Dr. Stewart Newman – Dr. Newman is an OBGYN in Boca Raton with nearly 30 years of experience.He is a graduate of Tulane University and earned his medical degree at the University Of South Florida College Of Medicine.He completed his residency training at the University of Florida Health Science Center in Jacksonville. Dr. Newman is also the immediate past Chairman of the Board of West Boca Medical Center.
- Board Member – Dr. Renato Ocampo – Dr. Ocampo is a board certified plastic surgeon who has been practicing in South Florida for nearly 30 years.He completed his undergraduate degree at Cornell University and earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine.