Those Eligible to ApplyAnyone who has completed secondary education or equivalency is eligible to apply. Students will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Must obtain a raw score of 80 or higher on the PSB Health Aptitude Exam
- Overall interview with Faculty
- 8 hour observation day
- College transcripts
- Cover letter introducing yourself
- Completed application form
- AS/AA Degree or higher before completion of the program
- All documentation must be submitted prior to interview date.
Applicants will be notified in writing of their acceptance in June/July. During their orientation, the prospective student will be directed to the student handbook, enrollment agreement and all pertinent information pertaining to the School of Radiologic Technology. After the applicant has been given the policies and procedures, they will have three weeks to consider the program and sign the enrollment agreement. The enrollment agreement must be returned by the deadline given at that time.
Once the applicant agrees to participate in the Radiography Program they must:
- Pass the physical exam provided free of charge by West Boca Medical Center prior to the start date of the program.
- The student must also pass the drug-screening test provided by West Boca Medical Center free of charge.
- Have clearance from West Boca Medical Center obtained background check given free of charge.
- Must also obtain CPR certification
Failure to pass the physical exam, drug screening, background check or obtaining a CPR certification will disqualify the student from the program.
Advanced Placement / Transfer of Credit Policy
The West Boca Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology does not offer an advanced placement classification for students applying to the program. The components of the didactic and clinical education are very structured and coordinated; therefore, advanced placement would be detrimental to the goals and objectives of the program.
However, the program does have an affiliation agreement with Broward State
College that allows our graduates to obtain an Associate Degree by completing our certificate program and completing the required general education credits at the college.
A $50.00 application fee is sent with the application which includes taking and scoring the PSB aptitude exam.
The initial $1000 book fee is paid upon acceptance into the program.
The total two-year tuition is $11,000 (annual tuition $5,500). The tuition total will be divided into 24 monthly payments. Monthly payments are $458. Tuition may be increased annually. The initial book payment will be non-refundable. Therefore, the total for the whole program which includes tuition and books is $12,000.
Students are responsible for uniforms. Uniforms are approximately $100.
West Boca Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology provides for the following:
- The initial $1000 book fee is non-refundable. The students are given the books purchased.
- The tuition payment of $458. per month, which is due the 10th of the month, is non-refundable.
- Once a student completes one full semester, if that student paid the total tuition amount, that student will not be refunded any portion of the tuition. If one semester has not been completed, the student will be refunded 25% of the total tuition payment of $11,000.
As a new student, you will be considered to be on probation for the first three months of the program. During this time, you will be given the opportunity to decide whether you like the school, the radiologic technology field and faculty members. At the same time, the faculty is given the opportunity to evaluate you and your performance. You will be observed to determine your aptitude for your assigned positions, how conscientiously you carry through the classroom and clinical duties assigned to you, your attitude toward supervision and fellow students and your punctuality and attendance record. During the probationary period, any student who does not meet the academic or clinical standards, or for disciplinary reasons, may be dismissed from the program. Likewise, if at any time during this period the student is dissatisfied, the student may resign with a letter of resignation given to the program director.
The Program Director maintains grade records on all students who have been accepted into the School of Radiologic Technology.
A grade report/transcript is given to each student at the end of each semester. Each semester is 3 months in length. At the same time, the Program Director and Clinical Instructor, with the Clinical Coordinator, conduct a verbal evaluation of the student’s performance.
Students must maintain a “C” (75%) academic grade point average in each course per semester and a “C” (75%) clinical average per semester to pass the course/clinical rotation.
Students will be eligible for graduation when all of the following conditions are met:
- Complete all clinical competencies
- Complete all academic courses
- Complete the required credit hours / clock hours as published
- Meet all financial obligations to West Boca Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology
- All time lost due to absenteeism or tardiness has been made up
- All ID Badges and radiation monitoring device has been returned
- Obtained an AS/AA degree or Higher
The Palm Beach Health Network School of Radiologic Technology, in conjunction with West Boca Medical Center, provides the following student services in order to assist the student in both their educational and personal life.
- Free employee health physical.
- Free Flu/Hepatitis shots.
- Free Background checks
- Free parking
- Free radiation badges provided for the two year program
- Identification markers
- One-on-one counseling session with the Program Director
- Scholarships by the Medical Executive Committee and OneBlood Company
- Free Kettering Seminar
- Before and after school hours of academic instruction provided by the faculty
- Time off for attendance at the Student/Educator National Conference
Effectiveness data of the program can be found on the JRCERT website: www.jrcert.org
Palm Beach Health Network School of Radiologic Technology offers a two year certificate program in Radiology and prepares the student to be eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technology and become certified by the State of Florida
as a General.
Download the Clinical Obligations Document