Volunteer at West Boca Medical Center
At West Boca Medical Center, we appreciate our volunteers! Our goal is to create an extra dimension of care that volunteers can provide to our patients and families; all the while honoring their objectives and skillset. Our staff has come to depend on volunteers as an integral part of our healthcare system.
Let’s Brighten Days and Make A DIFFERENCE!
To become an adult volunteer, you need to be over the age of 18 and commit to a 4-hour shift at least once a week. Also, during certain times of the year, we accept teen volunteers (volunteens) from the ages of 14 – 17.
West Boca Medical Center adult volunteers receive the following benefits:
- A complimentary meal ticket that can be used in the cafeteria on the day that you have completed a 4-hour shift
- Complimentary flu shots and health screenings on selected dates
- Special activities offsite such as volunteer luncheons
- A volunteer jacket
Enrollment process includes:
- Filling out all necessary paperwork; and
- Should you meet initial requirements, we will schedule an interview
- Determine if we have a position available that meets your skillset & interests
- Attend a 2.5 hour orientation
- Background check (for adults only)
- Healthcare screening with our health nurse; annual TB test and flu shot required
There are volunteer roles that engage with the patients and visitors and also opportunities for those who prefer working behind the scenes. Placement will depend on your interests, the hospital’s needs and openings. All volunteer roles have the meaningful objective to bring compassion and joy to an otherwise difficult situation.
To start the enrollment process, please complete the application below.
If you have any questions please contact Debbie Lindsay, Volunteer Supervisor at Debbie.email@example.com. Voicemails are not screened as often, but may be left at 561-488-8293.