To help make your stay as comfortable as possible, we've provided a list of items you should and should NOT bring to the hospital.
What to bring
- Your health insurance card and your spouse's, if applicable; all insurance forms; and paperwork, e.g. pre-authorizations.
- Valid driver's license, state identification card or passport.
- Advanced Directive/Living Will documents if you have them.
- A list of medications you are currently taking, inlcuding dosage.
- Personal hygiene items.
- Clothing (robe, slippers, etc.) For your stay and for your discharge (hospital gowns are provided).
- Eyeglasses, hearing aids or dentures.
- Reading and writing materials
What NOT to bring
- Credit cards
West Boca Medical Center cannot take responsibility for the loss of valuables in your room. Should items of value be brought to the hospital, we recommend that you send the items home with a family member or have the items deposited in the hospital safe during your stay. Hearing aids, dentures or glasses are considered valuables. The hospital is not responsible for these items if they are brought in. Please contact your nurse, if you have any further questions.