West Boca Medical Center
School of Radiologic Technology
The philosophy of the West Boca Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is to provide an educational atmosphere that instills in students a desire for learning, excellence in clinical performance and intellectual curiosity. The program is maintained with the highest of standards of excellence. The program faculty is committed to providing the student with basic and advanced knowledge in the art and science of radiologic technology as well as developing in them, a spirit of caring and compassion for the patient.
The school at West Boca Medical Center seeks to help meet the ever increasing need for qualified radiologic technologists in the area hospitals as well as in the areas private medical offices and out-patient centers. We recognize our professional obligations to contribute to the development of these future radiologic technologists. The School of Radiologic Technology is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
The program and its curriculum is designed that, upon completion of the program, the graduate will have sufficient cognitive, effective and psychomotor abilities to perform technical and professional duties at a level compatible with the radiologic science profession. This curriculum will also provide the student an opportunity to develop technical skills through experience in the clinical and classroom setting, so that they will perform radiographic procedures with skill and knowledge of total patient care.
To maintain high academic standards for its students, the program places an emphasis on admissions prerequisites, consistent grading policies, student evaluation of courses, and comparison of our program to other programs by use of national exam scores, and follow up evaluations of graduates in work situations by employers. Student evaluations of all portions of the program are utilized for improvements.
To support the mission of West Boca Medical Center, the West Boca Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology dedicates itself to the education and development of professionals skilled in the art and science of radiography. To ensure quality healthcare services are provided to our community in a compassionate, friendly and caring spirit, we will demonstrate high standards of professional conduct, patient care, and consistently strive to meet our goals through continuous improvement methods. The program will prepare the graduate to enter the health care field with entry level skills.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
The goals of this program are to produce:
1. Graduates who are clinically competent.
- Students will apply positioning skills
- Students will select appropriate technical factors
- Students will practice radiation protection
2. Graduates who can communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills
- Students will demonstrate effective written communications skills
3. Graduates who demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will manipulate technical factors for non-routine examinations
- Students will adapt positioning for trauma patients
- Students will critique images to determine diagnostic quality
4. Graduates who value life-long learning as a means of achieving professional growth and development.
- Students will understand the value of life-long learning
- Students will summarize the importance of attendance at professional meetings
The program’s policies, procedures, and publications are revised annually. The school also makes available a copy of the “Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiologic Sciences” to the students located in the radiology school bulletin board.
JRCERT Website: www.jrcert.org